Assets (e.g. WHB) are allocated to physical locationsEach asset (an item of equipment e.g. WHB) as well as being linked to a physical location is typically also linked to a task (e.g. planned preventative maintenance task (PPM) for temperature monitoring). When adding an asset 'import profiles' are used, Company defined PPMs that run for each asset added (e.g. "WHB Sentinel" - Sets up a monthly temperature monitoring PPM, "Shower" - Sets up a quarterly shower cleaning PPM).
Adding Assets (Individually)In L8MS assets are allocated to previously defined locations.
- From within a site select Edit Site/Locations from the left menu.
- Click to the right of the location and select view Assets.
- Click to the right of the Assets header list.
- The asset can be linked to up to 2 water systems, Click . to display a list of available water systems.
- Select the Import settings profile, Click . to display a list of available profiles (More on Profiles - see related links to the left).
- Add an asset ID if required (This is typically number).
- Add an asset description (these are important as key words drive the setting up of PPM, more on keywords in Profiles - see related links to the left).
- Add an Amount of assets (e.g. 3 if there are 3 WHB in the location).
- Add an Order Number (e.g. 2 to display the asset 2nd in the location list).
- Add an asset Bar Code if required.
- Tick the little used outlet if required (This will initiate weekly flushing of the asset).
- Access allowance (This is currently not used).
- Click the "Save" button top right to add the asset.
NOTE - There are two much quicker ways to add larger numbers of assets & locations. See the related links Import locations/assets from Excel spreadsheet and Import locations/assets from L8MS Risk.